Since I had a yellow ink and a blue ink, it made sense to me to try mixing my own green, and it looked lovely for a few pages, but then the color got really weird as it processed through the pens with different mixed amounts and sort of ended up looking like the color of dread grass. No so gorgeous. I decided I’d have to buy my own green, and put that one on the back burner. I had the idea that it would be neat to have a set of clear pens, so you could see what color the ink was inside it. When I went back to Vanness for my second visit, I picked out Diamine’s Poppy Red and I bought a Preppy with a converter. I wanted to have the three primary colors before getting the secondary colors.