Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher, Dresden Files Book 8
(for more on cover art: Vincent Chong, Subterranean Press)
This series of books is terrific: the main character is quirky and fun, the writing is fast and funny, the books work as stand-alones and as a arching series. In addition to Jim Butcher’s great writing, and the always amusing and exciting adventures of Harry you’re-a-wizard Dresden, if you listen to the audiobooks, you also get to delight in the delicious voice of James Marsters, originally of Buffy fame.
The series continues, gaining momentum, as Harry faces new challenges: faerie intrigue, phobophages (monsters who feed on fear), and the way less awesome aspects of being a Warden of the White Council. Mixed up in all of it is Molly Carpenter, Michael and Charity’s oldest daughter of the rowdy passel of kids that make up the Carpenter family. Just like in every book, Harry manages to survive impossible odds, save the day, and keep his soul clean…ish.
Here are the reading challenge updates:
- PopSugar 2017 reading challenge I marked this book as No. 47 a book with an eccentric character
- Book Dragon’s Lair Audiobook challenge Yep!
Book Dragon’s Lair Pages Read challenge This 406 pgs brings me to 5,110 pgs
- My Reader’s Block Color Coded challenge n/a (green and black, mostly)
- Read It Again, Sam Nope
- My Reader’s Block Mount To Be Read (TBR) and Rock My TBR challenge I think I’ve been doing these wrong because I wasn’t supposed to be counting library books so I’ll have to go back and re-tab these…
- For the Diverse Reads challenge (here and here) this one doesn’t really fit any diversity categories except maybe that Harry is differently-abled in having decreased use in his left hand, but he’s healing and he has magical powers so, probably not. Don’t worry, I’ve got one I’ve been working on for the mini monthly.
- The Book Date Full House challenge I swapped around to make this one fit: I moved Lost Girls from two-word title to diversity book and marked this one down as my new two-word title.
- The Book Date Read the Books You Buy challenge Nope
- Whatever I Think Of Memoir Bingo challenge Not a memoir
- The Worm Hole’s What’s In A Name challenge Doesn’t fit
Below are the hashtags of the challenges that had them:
Thanks for checking in.