So I just finished the audiobook 🎧 for Turn Coat by Jim Butcher, book 11 in the Dresden Files series. 📚 Depending on the generation you belong to, this series stars your favorite, or second favorite, wizard named Harry. ⚡️ This particular volume centers around the warden Morgan, who has been framed as a traitor, and who has tasked Harry with finding the real killer 🔪 before the Council descends. ⏳ If you were worried there might not be enough excitement in these pages, concern yourself no longer: ⚰️ Vampires 🍷, mages, the wee ones of the Fair Folk, and werewolves 🐺 all make appearances, and we’re just getting started. People with powers, scary deep fae monsters, 👮🏻♀️ cops, giant spiders 🕷, mage politics & intrigue, and a genuine Native American nightmare shapeshifter demon keep this book 📖 churning through the action from cover to cover. Did I mention there is also a creepy island 🏝 that has to be reached by boat 🚤? Rest assured, volume 11 is no let down. 🎯
Here we go for reading challenge updates:
- PopSugar 2017 reading challenge No. 36 a book by someone you admire. I’m on book 11 and I haven’t disliked one yet. On top of which, the author is said to be a pretty cool guy, and a long-haired DnD nerd from way back.
- Book Dragon’s Lair Audiobook challenge Yes, making this 8 of 12.
- Book Dragon’s Lair Pages Read challenge This 545 pgs brings me to 8,282 pgs for the year so far.
- Read It Again, Sam Nope.
- My Reader’s Block Mount To Be Read (TBR) and Rock My TBR challenge Nope.
- Diverse Reads challenge (here and here). Nope, but I’m reading that one now.
- The Book Date Full House challenge Sadly, N/A.
- The Book Date Read the Books You Buy challenge N/A.
- The Worm Hole’s What’s In A Name challenge Nope.
Hashtags for the challenges that had them: