Wow. Just. FREAKING WOW! This book completely blew my mind. Changes is book 12 in the Dresden Files series and Jim Butcher is not messing around. This is absolutely my new favorite so far, and I’m likely to agree with Lesa by the end, a blogger who states it is the best in the series. I definitely won’t argue with LoveVampires who said this is a “defining” book in the series containing some of Butcher’s best writing.
Without giving away any of the incredible twists and turns of this book, here are some things in Harry’s life that encounter “changes”: home; office; car; family; status; position; staff; coat; knowledge; the world. Plus, who lives and who dies!!! Did I mention Butcher isn’t pussy-footing? Yeah. This installment of the Dresden Files will have you rolling in the aisles, dropping your jaw, biting off your nails, and scooping up the bits of your broken heart.
Here we go for reading challenge updates:
- PopSugar 2017 reading challenge No. 24 a book set in the wilderness. A fair amount of the novel takes place in
Machu Picchu.*Sorry for the mistake, while Machu Picchu is mentioned in Changes, it is actually mostly set in Chichen Itza (pronounced Chee-choo-NEETZ-uh).
- Book Dragon’s Lair Audiobook challenge Yes. This makes 9.
- Book Dragon’s Lair Pages Read challenge This 560 pgs brings me to 9,200 pgs.
- Read It Again, Sam Nope.
- My Reader’s Block Mount To Be Read (TBR) and Rock My TBR challenge Nope.
- Diverse Reads challenge (here and here). Nope but I already did the one for July.
- The Book Date Full House challenge Sadly, no. I don’t think I can squish anything around this time to smush it in.
- The Book Date Read the Books You Buy challenge Nope.
- The Worm Hole’s What’s In A Name challenge Nope.
Hashtags for the challenges that had them:
Okay, that’s really, actually my last read for July.