My main read for May was the next in the Harry Dresden series, White Night (by Jim Butcher, if you’re just joining us). This book 📚 is action-packed. There are ghouls left, right, and center; a group of Wiccan practitioners who are being hunted; an appearance of one of Dresden’s exes; Dresden and Tomas continuing the charade of their spicy 🌶 love affair; fighting ON A BOAT!; exploration of the inner workings of the different Houses of the White Court Vampires; a giant fight with unlikely allies; and possibly my favorite part, foreshadowing that Ramirez, Harry’s young and dashing friend, may just end up with Molly, Harry’s apprentice, which is so freakin’ adorable I literally cannot even. But seriously I can’t say enough how awesome this series is and how sad I will be when it’s over, or I should say, when I catch up to the point that the next book isn’t out yet, eeek!
Side note 📝: I’ve been in the habit of making pix for Instagram of book quotes I liked and I was crushed to discover my notes app on my phone ate my pg where I was writing them down 😫 So I might skip it this time, or I might paraphrase. We’ll see. ♥️
Here are the reading challenge updates:
- PopSugar 2017 reading challenge Okay, I had to swap to make this work. Tithe by Holly Black changes to No. 21, a book from a nonhuman character (main character is fae) and White Night becomes No. 17, a book involving a mythical creature (vampires, ghouls, demons, you name it). I might argue they’re so similar as to be interchangeable but I didn’t want any contention, since Harry is a wizard AND a human, whereas Black’s chara is a Fae instead of a human.
- Book Dragon’s Lair Audiobook challenge Yep!
- Book Dragon’s Lair Pages Read challenge This 416 pgs brings me to 5,705 pgs.
- My Reader’s Block Color Coded challenge This cover was white and that completes this challenge! Ta da!
- Read It Again, Sam Nope
- My Reader’s Block Mount To Be Read (TBR) and Rock My TBR challenge No because library books don’t count.
- For the Diverse Reads challenge (here and here) Religious diversity: Yes! This book’s opening surrounds a group of Wiccan practitioners who are being mysteriously murdered.
- The Book Date Full House challenge Backlist, in the less popular sense: this book was counted among the “least favorite” by several Redditors.
- The Book Date Read the Books You Buy challenge Nope
- Whatever I Think Of Memoir Bingo challenge No (but I just brought home 2 to try).
- The Worm Hole’s What’s In A Name challenge Doesn’t fit
Below are the hashtags of the challenges that had them:
Thanks for listenin’,